A Special Happy Birthday from The Fastest Fan Alive to Jack “King” Kirby: August 28, 1917 to February 6, 1994. Long Live the King!
Obviously Jack had a hand in creating every character above and even though the Darkseid and Parademons aren’t exactly his design they definitely would not exist without The King.
From Left to Right: The Demon, Parademon 1, Kobra, Lightray, Big Barda (with Mega-Rod), Darkseid, Orion (with Astro-Harness), Mister Miracle, Metron (sans mobius chair), Steppenwolf (Super Powers Version also designed by Kirby) and Parademon 2.
A special thank you to DC Direct, DC Collectibles and Mattel for giving us such great Kirby creations. Especially DC Direct who as you can see made their releases look extremely Kirby-like: Big Barda, Lightray, Orion and Mister Miracle are all from the 2008/2009 New Gods Action Figure series and are pretty much perfect. While I wish Orion and Metron had come with their vehicles (Orion’s astro-harness is from the Mattel version and I still need a mobius chair) the figures themselves are about as perfect of a recreation of Kirby art in 3D form as one can ask for.
- snowbirdmaj424 likes this
- kiwigreen97 likes this
- faithluvscabadre likes this
- misandrie likes this
- jetpack-johnny likes this
- cabinetofchemicals reblogged this from speedforceorg
- dadoodoflow likes this
- speedforceorg reblogged this from fastestfanalive
- kelsonv likes this
- jsarevisited reblogged this from fastestfanalive
- jsarevisited likes this
- terribletriplefeatures reblogged this from fastestfanalive
- fastest-boy-alive likes this
- gorogues likes this
- fastestfanalive posted this